Auckland’s Vero Centre –
The Vero Centre is a high rise office tower located in Auckland, New Zealand. It was Auckland’s first major tower built and is one of New Zealand’s tallest. The 38 level centre contains a health club and gymnasium, main entry public foyer, retail outlets in the 5 podium levels and 32 office levels. This technologically advanced landmark is known for its ‘halo’ roof feature. There are 406 car parks in total with multiple entry and exit points throughout the building’s parking facilities.
While atypically tall compared to the surrounding area, its construction is considered to have had a positive effect on the regeneration of the eastern Auckland Central Business District (CBD) area. Multi tenancy including Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank and Facebook.
Brief System Overview:
The property owner was requested by tenants to provide flexible parking for employees and visitors. Auckland’s bookaPark, a company specializing in pre-booking solutions for the car parking industry found the solution.
- The property is running PCSC’s LiNC-NXG, a fully integrated Physical Security Information Management system (PSIM) for the entire site.
- An interface was developed between bookaPark and LiNC-NXG to support entry and exit.
- A few key issues that were addressed: surplus car parks due to unleased space in the building, and the property manager did not want parks utilized by anyone other than visitors to tenants or tenant employees.
- IndalaPIN/Card Reader implemented as PIN input at car park entry and exit points
- vP system used by all tenants for provision of short term visitor and contractor parking (vP is a web-based tool allowing businesses, hotels, restaurants and other organisations to arrange parking for their customers at your car park, on an account basis).
- vP generates personalised booking confirmations for each tenant and significantly reduces administration, reconciliation processes etc
- bP system used to allow tenant employees only to utilize parking spaces with Credit Card payment (bP is a web-based tool that allows your customers to pre-purchase or book at your car park, making payment at the time of booking).
- Implementation cost of ~$12k
- Annual gross revenue of ~$60k pa generated